Three and a half years later, the shade on the living room’s other torchiere lamp crumbled at a touch:
Because I live in the future and had solved this problem in the past, eight hours of print time produced a second shade:
I sliced the same STL file with PrusaSlicer to get G-Code incorporating whatever configuration changes I’ve made to the M2 over the years and include any slicing algorithm improvements; the OpenSCAD code remains unchanged.
The as-printed shade had pretty much the same crystalline aspect as the first one:
Smoothing a layer of white-tinted epoxy over the interior while spinning it slowly in the mini-lathe calmed it down enough for our simple needs, although the picture I tried to take didn’t show much difference.
That was easy …