For reasons not relevant here, I made replacement pegs for the Shuttles board game:
Not the most challenging solid model I’ve ever conjured from the vasty digital deep, but 3D printing is really good for stuff like this.
The OEM pegs have a hollow center, most likely to simplify stripping them from the injection mold, which I dutifully duplicated:
It turns out the additional perimeter length inside the pegs requires 50% more printing time, far offsetting the reduced 10% infill. Given that each solid set takes just under an hour, I decided to lose half an hour of verisimilitude.
I plunked a nice round cap atop the OEM peg’s flat end, but stopped short of printing & installing a round plug for the butt end.
While the 3D printer’s hot, ya may as well make a bunch:
Game on …
The OpenSCAD source code as a GitHub Gist:
Update: They’re a bit too large, so the Gist now produces tapered pegs.