Herewith, the discharge test results for all the generic Sony NP-FS11 battery packs I have (click for a bigger image).
The five mostly overlapping upper traces consist of:
- Three packs (H, K, and L) rebuilt from the eBay junkers
- F rebuilt from a deader in my collection
- E is an older, no-name pack that just continues to work
The rebuilt packs now have cells from batteryspace.com that are working fine: nominal capacity 600 mAh, actual around 1200 to 1400 for a parallel pair. It’s surprising to see a cell producing its rated capacity…
The two lowest traces (G & I), plus the purple trace (J) are from the eBay source. The first two are obvious junk, but pack J is actually pretty good. The fact that it’s the best of six packs from that vendor tells you all you need to know about their QC.
For those of you joining us via search engines, the rest of the story:
- The initial batch of three, plus my other packs.
- Sawing a pack open to replace the cells
- A rebuilt pack
- Replacement batch of three, plus some ruminations
- The contents of a dud pack