I built a quartet of very small knots to see how they’d stick to the ABS film and whether Reversal could cope with tiny things.
The left rear knot lost its footings and I removed the rubble while the nozzle was busy with another knot. The top grew surprisingly well out of a tangle deposited in mid-air.
The ABS film peeled neatly off the aluminum plate and shows what the adhesion looks like from below. The tangle is now in the right front.
Reversal at 20 rpm, 75 ms, no early start. Still some blobbing during travel, so the reverse parameter isn’t quite large enough.
My Shop Assistant prettied one up by cleaning off the snots, dunking it in the jar of pink goo, and applying several layers of bronze acrylic paint. Next time, we’ll use thinner goo and scuff the knot a bit before painting.