Archive for March 1st, 2017
Those obvious wiping marks come from an oily rag in a hot pan. What could go wrong?
The reflected light bar comes from the under-cabinet LED strip.
The surface withstands stainless utensils, cooks omelets with aplomb, and requires no fussy KP:
The low-woo seasoning recipe, done maybe once a week when the bottom has more gunk than usual:
- Clean the pan as usual, wipe dry
- Begin heating on medium burner set to High
- Add 0.2 ml = 10 drops = 1 squirt of flaxseed oil
- Wipe around pan interior with small cotton cloth
- Continue heating to 500 °F, about four minutes
- Carefully wipe oily cloth around pan again
- Let cool
Works for us and doesn’t involve any magic.