Archive for January 25th, 2012
These Dr. Who themed cookie cutters came out nearly perfect:
Each consists of an outer cutter rim and an inner dough press that fit neatly together.
The STL files contain a few triangle errors that seem to be typical of objects made with Google Sketchup, but the final G-Code came out fine despite a few Skeinforge warnings.
No strings, no cleanup, no muss, no fuss: the printer is back in operation once again!
The relevant Skeinforge 45 settings, about which more later:
- 0.25 mm layer thickness + 0.50 mm thread width
- First layer: 9 mm/s perimeter + 15 mm/s infill
- Other layers: 20 mm/s perimeter + 60 mm/s infill
- 250 mm/s travel (!)
- +0 extra shells, 3 solid layers
- 0.20 infill + 45°/90° rectangular
- 200 °C extrusion + 110 °F platform
Dimension plugin settings:
- Filament dia = 2.96 mm, FPD = 0.93 (natural ABS from MBI)
- Retraction 2 mm @ 60 mm/s, min 1 mm travel
I’m not a big Dr. Who fan, but I know someone who is…